Last updated 25 May 2018
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information.
• what personal information we collect;why we collect, hold, use or disclose personal information;
• to whom we disclose your personal information;
• whether we disclose your personal information outside of Australia;
• how we collect personal information when you use or access the Software;
• how we keep your personal information secure;how we manage third party links on the Software; and
• how you can make a complaint or contact us for further information.
1. What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our services, functions or activities, and only when it is necessary for, or directly related to these purposes. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide some or all of our services to you and you may not be able to access the Software.
When you are first registered as a user of our Software, we may collect the following types of personal information from your employer or your contractor: your name, post code, date of birth, email address, phone number and position.
• identification information including age or date of birth;
• contact information, including mailing or street address, email address, telephone number and other contact details;
• your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, IP address and standard web log information; or
• any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information:
• when you interact with our Software, websites, services, content and advertising;
• when you participate in customer feedback workshops or issue feedback to us verbally or in writing; or
• from our business partners, including third party suppliers and service providers.
2. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• to enable you to access and use the Software and our services;
• to contact and communicate with you;
• to provide you with information about our products and services and the products and services of our business partners;
• to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Software, and our services, business and users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
• to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
• to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
In order to improve our products and services, we also collect data about how users interact with our Software and related services, the characteristics of our user base and other data derived from the data we collect from or about our users. We may use or disclose such data to a third party, but we will only do this where we have processed this data into a format such that you will not be able to be identified.
3. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
• our employees and related bodies corporate;
• your employer or contractor, including your employer's or contractor's management team and select personnel;
• third party suppliers, service providers and our business partners;
• the Software and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
• our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
• anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
• specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
• other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
4. Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information to related bodies corporate of your employer or contractor outside of Australia for some of the purposes listed above in section 2. When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
5. Using the Software and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access the Software.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of the Software, such as which parts of the Software you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer or mobile device.
We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on the Software that help us track your use of the Software and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but the Software may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
7. Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
8. Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at the email address below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
9. Contact Us
Privacy Information Officer at email@example.com